Viet Food Blogger
~Cooking Recipes~

Live ~ Love ~ Laugh | Happiness is precious, cooking does matter!

Hu Tieu Xao Tom Thit (Stir-fried Rice Noodle with Pork/Shrimp)

Hi guys, sorry I’ve been lacking on blogging lately. I have been busy going back to work after 4 to 5 years being happily staying mom. It is definitely challenging for me. I lost 5 lb off of  my body after working for only closely a month and sadly been sick 2 time during about a month at work. Have been said that, I am also  happy to be back blogging new recipe. And thank you for all the email, I will try to respond as soon as I can.

Moreover, I like take this moment here to wish my dad an early Happy Father’s Day! He is truly the best dad even though we fighting sometime, but I wouldn’t trade him for the world. This Father's Day I'm not able to be there by his side, but I am thinking of him, appricated, and love him more and more each and everyday!! ~~Happy Father's Day Daddy~~ 
I also like to wish all awesome father out there a very Happy Father's Day weekend!! Take dad out for a nice dinner, or cook him a very nice dinner at home, and/or surprise dad with a nice traditional vietnamese dessert. Either way, I am sure you'll make dad the happiest dad on Father's day ever. 

Ingredients
8oz of shrimp and skinless pork belly
8oz dried rice-noodle (banh Pho)
Salt, Pepper, Sugar, Sesame Oil, Vietnamese “Mau Gach Tom” or if don’t have it. use soy sauce or food coloring will do.
½ cup Water
Bean Spout
Vietnamese Chive (optional)
Directions: Soak rice noodle in a slightly warm water 1 to 2 hours. Now, in the package as direction is to soak for 15 to 20 minute but I prefer for at least 30 minute up to 1 or 2 hours for easy to work with. After noodle is soften, drain and set aside.
 In a separate bowl, mix ½ cup of water with 1 tsp salt, pepper, a small pinch of Vietnamese “mau gach tom” or soy sauce and/or add 1/2 tsp soy sauce if don't have mau gach tom and sugar. Set aside
Thinly slice pork belly, and slightly smash the shrimp with the side of your knife and halve. Marinade a good pinch of salt, pepper, sugar, ¼ cooking wine, ¼ tsp tapioca starch or cornstarch and ¼ tsp sesame oil. Set aside
Heat 1½ tbsp oil in a pan over medium high heated, add 1tbsp mince garlic, sauté foe a few minute or until the garlic turn brown. Add marinated pork belly and shrimp, cook for 3 to five minute. Because i have some left over scallion so I sauté with garlic , but you can leave that out.
Pour in the water mix that made earlier. Add rice noodle; Stir occasionally to prevent from burning and cook for about 7 minutes. Add bean sprout just a minute right before removing from the heat.
Tips: Make sure to use chopstick or tongs to stir noodle only to prevent noodle from breaking
Serve with dipping fish sauce and fresh vegetable (lettuce, mint, Vietnamese herb…ect). Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. We have a special occasion tomorrow so I need to find a Recipes For Stir Fry that I can prepare. I'm sure my relatives and family will love this very much because it is looking delicious. I wish you would post more recipes and I will regularly visit your blog for more updates. Thank you!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThankYOu Lauren, ever since i back on working field, i hardly get to blog as much but i will try to blog as much recipe as i could! thankyou for visiting my Blog <3

      Delete

Popular Posts